You may also be interested in the following courses
FeedbackWhat previous participants said about this course...
This is a complete course, very interesting and with multiple examples.
Thanks a lot, Albert, it was a pleasure!
Excellent course about CMOS image sensors for an IC design engineer like me.
Basic Introduction to CMOS Image Sensors
The course aims to give the attendants a basic knowledge about the state of the art of CMOS image sensors. In the first part of the course, the main accent will be placed on the fundamentals of the imaging function : starting from the basics of the photodiode and photogate (in which the incoming photons are converted into electrons), till the digital signal out (being the actual video output of the sensor), the complete image sensing process will be covered. Part of the course will be taught by means of hands-on exercises.
The course is structured to appeal to a wide range of R&D staff, marketing and business development managers, as well as to engineers from institutes and companies active in image acquisition field.
- Basics of photon sensing by means of a photodiode and a photogate
- Image sensors characteristics
- Differences between CMOS image sensors and CCD devices
- Artefacts of CMOS imagers
- Compromises on specifications
- Reading and understanding a specification sheet
- How to measure the characteristics of CMOS imagers
Information and registration