You may also be interested in the following courses
FeedbackWhat previous participants said about this course...
I got the overall picture + more. Thank you!
Very pedagogic. Thank you!
The subject was explained clearly to a wide range of audience. Tutor is certainly expert on the subject.
Available formats for this course
classroom style course
This course is primarily aimed at introducing the basic concepts of laser micromachining and allowing participants to appreciate the practical elements involved in undertaking laser micromachining tasks. It is suitable for those with a basic interest in microsystems, MEMS and general micro-manufacturing and does not require a deep knowledge of mathematics or physics. The course includes numerous videos and examples of high precision laser micromachining.
The course is aimed at engineers, technical managers and those interested in gaining a wider understanding of laser micromachining systems, techniques and applications.
- Introduction to lasers & optics
- Current status of laser micromachining
- Basics of laser ablation
- Types of lasers used in micromachining
- Laser micromachining systems
- Optics for laser micromachining systems
- Laser micromachining techniques
- Industrial applications of laser micromachining
- Emerging developments
Information and registration